Dec 8, 2013

Robin Tunney on the Red John reveal: 'It's time'

Zap2it: What do you think of the show finally revealing the identity of Patrick Jane's nemesis, Red John?

Robin Tunney: I feel like, it's time. There's only so many circles you can go in with it, and I feel like we owe it to our audience. They've been so loyal, that you can only lead them down that road for so long. It's almost like you have to close that door so another can open -- and I think it will.

Zap2it: Will solving the murder of Red John cause fans to lose interest?

Robin Tunney: I don't think people watch the show because they want to know who Red John is. They watch the show because they enjoy watching Patrick Jane solve crimes in the way that he does. When the show's at its finest, it does have a sense of humor about it.

It's not a gory, violent crime show, and the crimes are cerebral, obtuse, weird. I actually think that's what's different about it.

Zap2it: What's it going to be like for you someday, post-"Mentalist"?

Robin Tunney: I think I'm going to feel like, "What am I going to do?" All of my time is completely commandeered. I am never bored. I have not been bored in six years. You're memorizing lines; you're working; you're working out; you're getting your eyebrows done; you're getting your hair dyed; you've got to do situps to fit in your crime-fighting outfits.

It's full-on. But the idea of that stopping -- I think I'm going to feel panicked, because I always have this weird attachment.

SRC: blog.zap2it.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment